The Washington International Horse Show (WIHS), one of the most prestigious equestrian sport and entertainment events in North America, is pleased to announce Jenna Zimmerman, 16, of Great Falls, Va., as the 2017 Youth Ambassador, and to welcome 26 local teens attending schools in Virginia, Maryland, and D.C. to serve on the 2017 WIHS Junior Committee presented by Signature Academics.
“Now in its ninth year, the WIHS Junior Committee and Youth Ambassador Program represent the heart of the show,” said WIHS President Vicki Lowell. “These hardworking teens are passionate about horse sports and that’s what brings them to us, but they’re also actively involved in giving back to the local community throughout the year. We’d like to congratulate and thank each one of them for their commitment to this special event and their support of the local communitySignature Academics has signed on as the presenting sponsor of the 2017 WIHS Junior Committee and Youth Ambassador program, “My colleagues are as excited as we are and are looking forward to collaborating with WIHS and the awesome kids on the Junior Committee. I know we can do great things for the committee, for WIHS, and for Signature Academics,” said Signature Academics Executive Director, Wendy Salomon.
Members of the 2017 WIHS Junior Committee Presented by Signature Academics
- Jacey Albaugh, McLean, Va., Madeira School
- Madison Allen, Alexandria, Va., Bishop O’Connell High School
- Hayley Antonelli, Bethesda, Md., Grier School
- Ana Bertozzi, Leesburg, Md., Rock Ridge High School
- Emma Bishop, Washington, D.C., Madeira School
- Libby Bishop, Washington, D.C., Madeira School
- Thea Bitar, McLean, Va., Georgetown Visitation
- Sarah Boston, Owings Mills, Md., McDonogh School
- Nicole Butchko, Dunn Loring, Va., Bishop O’Connell High School
- Lauren Dean, Great Falls, Va., Flint Hill School
- Cari Farmer, Arlington, Va., HB Woodlawn High School
- Daisy Fenwick, Glyndon, Md., McDonogh School
- Caroline Flood, Vienna, Va., James Madison High School
- Erin Gill, Reston, Va., South Lakes High School
- Abby Green, Bethesda, Md., The Potomac School
- Grace Hetherington, Great Falls, Va., Langley High School
- Cici Jackson, Chantilly, Va., Foxcroft School
- Peyton Kanstoroom, Potomac, Md., Winston Churchill High School
- Madeline McManus, Glyndon, Md., McDonogh School
- Holden Rafey, Bethesda, Md., Walter Johnson High School
- Casey Ruggiero, Arlington, Va., H-B Woodlawn Secondary Program
- Maggie Siciliano, Dunn Loring, Va., George C. Marshall High School
- Jennifer Taylor, Odenton, Md., Mount de Sales Academy
- Kayla Wolfe, Burke, Va., Langley High School
- Kendall Youngblood, Great Falls, Va., Holy Child
- Jenna Zimmerman, Great Falls, Va., Langley High School, Youth Ambassador
Members of the WIHS Junior Committee & Youth Ambassador Program are selected through an application process that begins in March. For more information, visit WIHS Youth Ambassador and Junior Committee.
As WIHS Youth Ambassador, Zimmerman will serve as the organization’s youth spokesperson and chair the WIHS Junior Committee, which initiates and works on volunteer activities, horse-related youth programs and community-focused educational events, such as WIHS Kids’ Day, Barn Night, Military Night and Breakfast with the Mounted Police.
Young equestrian, Jenna Zimmerman, takes up the reins as Youth Ambassador
of the 2017 Washington International Horse Show. Photo ©WIHS
Zimmerman is a rising senior at Langley High School in McLean, Va., where she is involved in numerous extracurricular
The 59th Annual Washington International Horse Show will be held October 24-29, 2017, at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit wihs.org.