The World Stem Cell Summit (WSCS) unites the world’s leading constituencies in the stem cell and regenerative medicine communities. Now for the first time, the 2016 WSCS will host the Equine World Stem Cell Summit on December 6-9 at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach, FL. Riders, owners, trainers, veterinarians, and more are welcomed to attend and learn more about this exciting and wide-ranging topic.
The Equine World Stem Cell Summit is a dedicated showcase track of the WSCS. Throughout the four-day conference, produced by the non-profit Regenerative Medicine Foundation, attendees will hear from industry-leading veterinarians and researchers in sessions.
- Advances in Equine Regenerative Medicine – A Clinical Update for the Equine Community with Paul D. Robbins, PhD, Professor, Department of Metabolism& Aging, Florida Campus, Laboratory Website, Scripps VIVO Scientific Profile, of Scripps Research Institute; Arnold Caplan, PhD, Professor Biology and Director, Skeletal Research Center, of Case Western Reserve University; Steve Ghivizzani, PhD, Professor of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, of University of Florida College of Medicine
- Equine Orthopedics with Steve Ghivizzani, PhD, of University of Florida College of Medicine
- Orthopedic Applications of Stem Cells in Equine Medicine with Dr. Pablo Espinosa, DVM-specialty equine surgery, Department of Surgical & Radiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, of University of California, Davis
- Stem Cell Tracking in Horses and Other Large Animals with Dr. Mathieu Spriet, DVM, MS, Diplomate American College of Veterinary Radiology, Associate Professor, Department of Surgical & Radiological Sciences, of University of California, Davis
- Neurological Applications of Stem Cells in Horses: Feasibility, Safety and Tracking with Dr. Rogerio Martins Amorim, DVM, MSc, PhD, Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Science, Veterinary Clinic Department, Veterinary Neurology Service of São Paulo, Brazil
- Equine Regenerative Medicine – Clinical Experience and Relevance to Human Therapy with Robert J. Harman, DVM, MPVM, CEO of VetStem Biopharma Inc.
- Equine Treatments Using Stromal Vascular Fraction and Platelet Rich Plasma with Priscilla Ortiz Porras, DVM, of Innova Celulas Madre, Costa Rica
- Equine Regenerative Medicine with Paul D. Robbins, PhD, of Scripps Research Institute; Dori Borjesson, BA, DVM, MPVM, PhD, Professor and Researcher, Pathology, Microbiology & Immunology, of University of California, Davis
- Issues Related to Cloning Horses with Dr. Timo Faltus, Cipl.-Biol., Dipl.-Jur., Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter/Projektleiter bei Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg, Germany
Additional speakers include: Jose Cibelli, DVM-PhD, Professor – Michigan State University, on sabbatical leave at BIONAND-Spain; and leaders from the North American Veterinary Regenerative Medicine Association (NAVRMA).
With a broad range of information to be presented, the inaugural Equine World Stem Cell Summit is ideal for veterinary researchers, practicing veterinarians, trainers, owners, and riders.
The addition of the Equine World Stem Cell Summit to the 12th Annual WSCS came as a natural fit, as equine regenerative medicine has proved groundbreaking with advancements in the success of general veterinarian medicine, as well as positive implications for human pre-clinical predictions.
As the single conference uniting the global stem cell community, the WSCS provides a platform for the equine community to interact with leading researchers and institutions, as well as industry, investor, and philanthropic groups. The conference attracts approximately 1,000 attendees from 40 countries with 225 speakers and program participants.
To learn more about the 12th Annual World Stem Cell Summit and the Equine World Stem Cell Summit and to find out how you can get involved as a sponsor or attendee, please visit www.worldstemcellsummit.com or email Alan Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo courtesy World Stem Cell Summit