The National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championship (NAAC) is building momentum to its closing weekend. Today’s show spotlighted section two of the Cinch NRHA Non Pro Futurity. The show runs through at Oklahoma State Fair Park in Oklahoma City, Okla.
14-year-old Cade McCutcheon and Golden Survivor (Topsail Whiz x Shining Survivor) held onto yesterday’s lead to win the level (L) 4 non pro division go-round with a 217. Cade’s parents, Tom and Mandy McCutcheon, own the 3-year-old mare that was nominated by Oldenburg Farm, LLC. With his showing in the go-round, Cade also won the Youth Non Pro Championship. Those placings are determined by go-round score.
Kim Lansidel and DNA Code (Electric Code x DA Steady Coca Mocha) moved ahead of the pack in the L3 non pro and L2 non pro divisions with a 215.5 to clench the go-round win. Earlier this year, the duo won the Washington Reining Horse Association Fall Spectacular Futurity. Karl & Marjorie Eilers own the mare that was nominated by Tamara Schiltz. Lansidel purchased DNA Code at the 2012 NRHA / Markel Insurance Futurity Sales.
In the L1 non pro division, Ryan Birkenfeld and Cant Spook Me (Spooks Gotta Gun x Te On The Trashy Side) bested the field by one-point with a 214.5. The team won the L1-L3 non pro divisions at the Southwest Reining Horse Association Futurity earlier this year. Keith Birkenfeld is the owner and Pat Fletcher is the nominator of the gelding.
A portion of the go-round entries will move on to non pro finals:
– L4 non pro division – Bubble score: 212
– L3 non pro division – Bubble score: 211.5
– L2 non pro division – Bubble score: 210
– L1 non pro division – Bubble score: 208
– Prime Time non pro division – Bubble score: 212.5
A portion of the go-round entries will move on to consolation round for another opportunity to advance to the finals:
– L4 non pro division – Bubble score: 208.5
– L3 non pro division – Bubble score: 210
– L2 non pro division – Bubble score: 208
– L1 non pro division – Bubble score: 206
The NRHA would like to thank the following corporate partners for their support of the NRHA Futurity & Adequan North American Affiliate Championship Show: Adequan, Anderson Bean Boot Company, Bob’s Custom Saddles, Cardinal Reining Horses, Center Back Pads, Classic Equine, Darling 888 Ranch, Downunder Horsemanship, Horse&Rider, John Deere, Kiser Arena Specialists, Kyle Tack, Markel Insurance Company, Merial, Miller International – Cinch / Cruel Girl, Montana Silversmiths, NFuelN Local, Oklahoma City Convention & Visitors Bureau, Pard’s Western Shop, Platinum Performance, Purina, Quarter Horse News, Rios of Mercedes, Santa Hill Ranch, Silver Spurs Equine, SmartPak, Schmersal Reining Horses, Twister Trailer and Xtra Quarter Horses.
In addition, NRHA thanks NRHA Futurity & Adequan North American Affiliate Championship Show Event Sponsors:
- Platinum Futurity Sponsors: Ram, Scott Cleaners, KO Trading, Sandbur Productions, Protect the Harvest and Lucas Oil
- Gold Futurity Sponsors: Caboy Hattery and Equine Oasis
- Silver Futurity Sponsors: Avila’s Pro Shop, Forewheeler Golf Cars, E-Z Go and Arenus