Take a look at some of the horses for sale at the 2014 AQHA World Championship Show Sale in Oklahoma City!
The American Quarter Horse Association, October 30, 2014 – Some of the industry's top performers, prospects and breeding stock will enter the sale ring beginning at at the 2014 AQHA World Championship Show Sale in Oklahoma City.
Held in conjunction with the AQHA World Championship Show, the AQHA World Show Sale, sponsored by AQHA Corporate Partner Markel, is one of the highlights of the two-week show. Buyers will have a chance to watch the sale horses in action at the sale preview at . From halter to rail-and-pattern and performance horses, this year's sale is the perfect place for buyers to find their next world show prospect.
This year's horses consigned to the sale include:
* Colonel Cindy – 2004 sorrel mare by Colonel Hotrodder and out of Jellys Showcase by Sonnys Showcase; 2012 AQHA reserve all-around high-point senior horse
* Self Reliance – 2012 sorrel colt N/H by Self Employed and out of Straw Hat Lucky Charm by Perpetualism; 30 halter points, 27 grand and reserve champion titles; qualified for the 2013 and 2014 AQHA open and Select world shows
* Sparklingcatt – 2013 sorrel filly by Cat T Masterson and out of Sparkling Cee by Shining Spark; sire earned $200,000+, has sired earners of $240,000 and has been the National Reined Cow Horse Association leading sire since 2002; dam earned $40,000 and was the 2003 AQHA world champion senior heeling horse
* Shiney Play Style – 2009 bay stallion by Playin Stylish and out of Suddenly Shiney by Shining Spark; 2013 AQHA high-point junior Versatility Ranch Horse; fourth in the open ranch horse pleasure at the 2013 AQHA World Show; earner of $21,000 in NRCHA, AQHA and Stock Horse of Texas competition
* Rickochet Kid – 2011 sorrel colt by Western Gunslinger and out of Nicole Kiddin by Im Kiddin; 2013 Select reserve world champion 2-year-old colt; qualified in 2013 for the open and amateur world shows; qualified in 2014 for the amateur world show
* Miss Truckin Chex – 2008 dun mare by Command N Chex and out of NMSU King Correon by King Correon; earner of 82 AQHA points in roping events, working cow horse, ranch horse pleasure, reining, ranch sorting and halter
* Sheik Country – 2006 sorrel gelding by Zippos Sheik and out of Miss Vested Country by The Invester; 196 western pleasure points; eighth-place finisher in 2010 amateur western pleasure high-point standings; 10th in 2012 in senior western pleasure high-point standings
* Probably The Ticket – 2004 sorrel mare by 2005 AQHA Superhorse With All Probability and out of Classic One Spot by Stardusters Jackson; has earned more than 340 open and amateur points combined in heading and heeling; works for any level of rider; will be shown at the 2014 AQHA World Show
* Bud The Blooper – 2009 bay stallion by Nic It In The Bud and out of Shining Smartly by Shining Spark; versatile stallion with gentle disposition; points in working cow horse, reining, heading, heeling and tie-down roping; easy breeder and semen freezes well; retaining semen and rights for 20 breedings; negative on all panel tests
* Lil Hotness – 2013 bay mare by Blazing Hot and out of My Precious Lexus by Vested Pine; dam is a world champion producer and a full sister to world champion Vested Faith
* Blaze The Town – 2013 buckskin colt by Blazing Hot and out of Sheza Town Mystery by Trouble In Town; full brother to world champion Blazinmytroublesaway
* Every Friggin Detail – 2007 brown gelding by Last Detail and out of Gotta Lotta Mint (TB) by Radishes And Mint; 17-hand gelding with a tremendous show record; eligible for the 2015 AQHA World Show Sale Bonus Program
"AQHA is looking forward to a high-quality group of horses at this year's AQHA World Show Sale," said Doug Hayes, AQHA director of business development. "We took special care in selecting the horses consigned to this year's sale."
This year, the World Show Sale will feature the new AQHA World Show Bonus Program, which offers buyers the option to pay $1,000 to make their World Show Sale purchases eligible to show at one or all of the AQHA world shows.
"The addition of the World Show Sale Bonus Program is the next step in helping buyers realize those dreams of owning a world show prospect," Hayes added. "The bonus program is certain to bring more buyers to the sale, so do not miss your opportunity to consign your horse."
Read this article to learn more about the new bonus program.
Before accepting a horse into the sale, the committee members analyzed each horse's performance record, pedigree, dam and sire performance records, conformation and athletic ability.
Stay tuned to www.aqha.com/worldshow for a full list of consigned horses.
To view the digital sale catalog, visit www.aqha.com/horsesale.